Thursday 24 August 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Murray and Bob Nash.
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1950 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Frank Murray: Australian field hockey national coach (1992, 96 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Bob Nash: American athlete, a pro basketball player drafted by Detroit in 1972.
- Georg Preuße: German actor and drag performer, known as "Mary Morgan".
- John Banaszak: Pittsburgh Steelers three-time Super Bowl champion.
- Tim White: American paleoanthropologist and academic.
- Ernst Wiechert: Writer, dies at 63.
- 1st US Negro delegate to UN appointed-ES Sampson
- Operation Magic Carpet concludes transporting 45,000 Yemenite Jews
- Edith Sampson becomes the first black U.S. delegate to the United Nations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 August 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?