Tuesday 25 December 1945, Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Noel Redding and Gary Sandy.
Strangler of the Swamp, directed by Frank Wisbar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1945 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Noel Redding: Bass guitarist and songwriter who was recruited to play in the Jimi Hendrix Experience in 1966 and left in 1969 a year before Hendrix's death.
- Gary Sandy: American actor most noted for his role on the TV series "WKRP in Cincinnati.
- Tapani Kuningas: Finnish Chief Editor of "New Age" magazine and a UFO enthusiast.
- Paulo Fernando da Costa Lacerda
- Steve Mancha: [Clyde Wilson]; American singer/songwriter ("Too Many Cooks").
- Noël Mirol: French bass guitarist.
- Rick Berman: American screenwriter and producer.
- Nicholas Meyer: Writer.
- Mike Pringle: Zambian-Scottish lawyer and politician.
- Ken Stabler: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Eve Pollard: English journalist and author.
- Kenny Everett: British TV personality ( Show).
- Gary Sandy in Dayton: Ohio, USA; actor (Andy - WKRP in Cincinnati).
- Ken "The Snake" Stabler NFL quarterback (Oakland Raiders: Super Bowl XI).