Wednesday 25 January 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Cotton and John Terry.
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Robert Montgomery Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1950 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Michael Cotton: rocker (Tubes).
- John Terry: American actor.
- Jean Ayrault: French politician and a member of the French Socialist Party.
- Jenny Nicholson: American professional astrologer who gained overnight fame when news of her appointment as an advisor to a Union County commission was picked up by API.
- Alex Türk: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Nord department.
- Gloria Naylor: US author (Women of Brewster Place)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 January 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Red Foley - Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy
- I Said My Pajamas (And Put On My Pray'rs) - Tony Martin & Fran Warren
- Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?