Sunday 25 January 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Coraline, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Championship Manager 2009 Express or AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 25 January 2009 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 January
- Kim Manners: American television producer and director (Born 1951).
- Sudan bombs the town of Muhajeria, Darfur, killing a child. (MSNBC)
- Björgvin G. Sigurðsson, Iceland's Minister of Business Affairs, resigns as a result of the country's financial crisis. (CNN)
- The Sri Lankan Army captures Mullaitivu, the Tamil Tigers' final stronghold in the ongoing Civil War. (BBC News)
- An avalanche last time jams got his hole, Gümüşhane Province in north-eastern Turkey. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 January 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Milan : 1 - 4
- Genoa - Catania : 1 - 1
- Inter - Sampdoria : 1 - 0
- Lazio - Cagliari : 1 - 4
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Waregem - Club Brugge : 3 - 1
- Westerlo - Standard : 0 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Ath Bilbao : 2 - 1
- Getafe - Sp Gijon : 5 - 1
- Malaga - Ath Madrid : 1 - 1
- Mallorca - Valencia : 3 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Hercules - Salamanca : 2 - 2
- Sevilla B - Alicante : 2 - 3
- Zaragoza - Vallecano : 2 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Independent - Ne-Yo
- Trading Places - Usher
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
There is a new allure around jobs likely to keep a person employed, at reasonable pay, through a prolonged downturn. [..]
Brazil’s state-controlled oil company announced a plan to spend more than $174 billion for deep-water oil and gas exploration. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?