Saturday 25 July 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 25, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claire McCaskill and Charles Jude.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
From Here to Eternity, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while East of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1953 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Claire McCaskill: Politician.
- Charles Jude: French dancer, who joined the Ballet of the Paris Opera in 1972 and was nominated etoile (star) in 1977.
- Robert Zoellick: American banker and politician 14th United States Deputy Secretary of State.
- New York City Transit Authority raises transit fare from 10 to 15 cents, and debuts transit tokens.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - I Believe
- Terry's Theme (From 'Limelight') - Frank Chacksfield
- The Song From The Moulin Rouge - Mantovani
- I'm Walking Behind You - Eddie Fisher With Sally Sweetland
- Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me - Muriel Smith
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?