Wednesday 11 December 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Cornand and Kenneth MacMillan.
Sally, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1929 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- René Cornand: French art critic and artist (painter, sculptor, engraver).
- Kenneth MacMillan: Scottish ballet dancer, choreographer and company director, he was one of the original members of the Sadler Wells company (1946).
- Axel Anderson: German-Puerto Rican actor and production manager (d. 2012).