Sunday 26 December 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans [Henri and Joseph Posch.
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching FoxyTv (1916 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1915!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 26 December 1915 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Hans [Henri: A] Gomperts Dutch literature (Duck on Attic).
- Joseph Posch: American physician, specializing in surgery of the hand.
- Rolf Botvid: Swedish actor and screenwriter (d. 1998).
- The Irish Republican Brotherhood Military Council decides to stage a rising on Easter Sunday 1916.
- Alfred Wegener proposes the theory of Pangaea.
- Emory College is rechartered as Emory University, and plans to move its main campus from Oxford, Georgia to Atlanta.
- Lord Beaverbrook buys the ''Daily Express''.
- The first stop sign appears in Detroit, Michigan.
- Franz Kafka's short novel ''Die Verwandlung'' is first published in Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?