Tuesday 21 December 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Fabre and James Cairncross.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1915 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- James Cairncross: Scottish actor, acted in.
- Robert Fabre: French politician and pharmacist.
- Joseph Casanova: France Military man.
- Joe Mantell: American actor (d. 2010).
- Werner von Trapp: member of the Trapp Family Singers (Born 1915).
- 10.17 (25.83 cm) of rainfall, Glenora, Oregon (state record)
- 25.83 cm (10.17 inches) of rainfall, Glenora Oregon (state record).