Tuesday 21 December 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Fabre and James Cairncross.
Over Night, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Michael O'Halloran by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1915 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- James Cairncross: Scottish actor, acted in.
- Robert Fabre: French politician and pharmacist.
- Joseph Casanova: France Military man.
- Joe Mantell: American actor (d. 2010).
- Werner von Trapp: member of the Trapp Family Singers (Born 1915).
- 10.17 (25.83 cm) of rainfall, Glenora, Oregon (state record)
- 25.83 cm (10.17 inches) of rainfall, Glenora Oregon (state record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Restaurant Scene - Weber & Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?