Tuesday 26 January 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aldo Boffi and William Hopper.
The Goose Girl, directed by Frederick Thomson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1915 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Aldo Boffi: Italian soccer player who played at both professional and international levels as a striker.
- William Hopper: American actor and noted family, he was the son of Hedda and De Wolf Hopper.
- Maxime Rodinson: French Marxist historian, sociologist and orientalist.
- Robert Aron-Brunetiere: Nancy physician.
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado established.
- The Rocky Mountain National Park is established by an act of the U.S. Congress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Roll Them Cotton Bales - Heidelberg Quintet
- You're More Than the World to Me - George Wilton Ballard
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?