Thursday 23 December 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Over Night, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1915 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 December
- Roland Leighton: English soldier and poet (d. 1915).
- The HMHS ''Britannic'', the largest individual British loss in WWI, departs Liverpool on her maiden voyage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Restaurant Scene - Weber & Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?