Thursday 23 December 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Billingsley .
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1915 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Roland Leighton: English soldier and poet (d. 1915).
- The HMHS ''Britannic'', the largest individual British loss in WWI, departs Liverpool on her maiden voyage.