Tuesday 28 December 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roebuck "Pops" Staples and Pops Staples.
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Jaffery by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching FoxyTv (1916 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1915 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Roebuck "Pops" Staples: US gospel / singer (Staple singers).
- Pops Staples: American musician (The Staple Singers) (d. 2000).
- Flaminio Piccoli: Austrian/italian politician, minister, christian democrat.
- Pierre Puech-Samson: French member of the Resistance in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Jacques Negrel: Marseille physician.
- Gerrit Jan van Heek Dutch textile manufacturer/politician: dies at age 78.
- San Francisco City Hall dedicated by Mayor James Rolph.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?