Tuesday 28 December 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Milroy and Roebuck "Pops" Staples.
The Cheat, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1915 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Jack Milroy
- Roebuck "Pops" Staples: US gospel / singer (Staple singers).
- Pops Staples: American musician (The Staple Singers) (d. 2000).
- William Masters: Scientist.
- Pierre Puech-Samson: French member of the Resistance in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Jacques Negrel: Marseille physician.
- Flaminio Piccoli: Austrian/italian politician, minister, christian democrat.
- Gerrit Jan van Heek Dutch textile manufacturer/politician: dies at age 78.
- San Francisco City Hall dedicated by Mayor James Rolph.