Monday 13 December 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Curt Jurgens and Ross MacDonald.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1915 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Curt Jurgens: German actor of over 100 films, but considered his greatest achievements on stage.
- Ross MacDonald: Detective Novelist (Goodbye Look).
- B J Vorster: Prime Minister of South Africa 1966-1978 (d. 1983).
- Ross Macdonald: American-Canadian mystery writer who used the same chair for writing for three decades.
- Blathazar Vorster: South African Prime Minister, succeeded Verwoerd after his assassination in 9/1966.
- Frank Sinatra: Musician.
- Ross Mac: Los Gatos Writer.
- B Vorster: South African lawyer and politician 4th State President of South Africa (d. 1983).
- Curd Jurgens: German-born Austrian actor (d. 1982).
- Mark Stevens: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actor (Big Town, Martin Kane).
- Balthazar Johannes: Vorster Prime Minister of South Africa (1966-77).