Monday 13 December 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Stevens and Ross MacDonald.
Over Night, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1915 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Mark Stevens: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actor (Big Town, Martin Kane).
- Ross MacDonald: Detective Novelist (Goodbye Look).
- Balthazar Johannes: Vorster Prime Minister of South Africa (1966-77).
- B J Vorster: Prime Minister of South Africa 1966-1978 (d. 1983).
- Curt Jurgens: German actor of over 100 films, but considered his greatest achievements on stage.
- Ross Macdonald: American-Canadian mystery writer who used the same chair for writing for three decades. He received an Edgar in 1962 and 1963 and the Silver Dagger award in 1965 and the Golden Dagger award in 1966. While writing, he used the names Kenneth Millar, John Ross MacDonald, John D. MacDonald, and settled on Ross Macdonald with a lower-case d. He received the Mystery Writer's of America Edgar Allen Poe scrolls in 1962 and 1963, the Crime Writer's Associate of London Silver Dagger award in 1965 and the
- Blathazar Vorster: South African Prime Minister, succeeded Verwoerd after his assassination in 9/1966. Prior to serving as Prime Minister, he was elected to Parliament in 1953 and worked as a Deputy Minister. He also worked as a lawyer, something that he needed when he was arrested in 1942 and sentenced to a year in prison for opposing South Africa's participation in war. Throughout his term as Prime Minister, he continued the practice of Apartheid.
- Curd Jurgens: German-born Austrian actor (d. 1982)
- Ross Mac: Los Gatos Writer
- B Vorster: South African lawyer and politician 4th State President of South Africa (d. 1983)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 December 1915
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?