Monday January 26, 1942
US date format: 1/26/1942, UK date format: 26/1/1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 26, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Diana Oughton and Soad Hosny.
Ride 'Em Cowboy, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 26, 1942?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- See more
- 1st US force in Europe during WWII go ashore in Northern Ireland
- Italian supreme command demands dismissal of German marshal Erwin Rommel.
- World War II: The first United States forces arrive in Europe landing in Northern Ireland.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial