Monday 26 January 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Oughton and Soad Hosny.
Ride 'Em Cowboy, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1942 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Diana Oughton: American revolutionary activist, a member of the 1960s groups SDS and the Weather Underground, otherwise known as The Weathermen.
- Soad Hosny
- Long Chris
- Souad Hosni: Egyptian actress (d. 2001).
- Scott Glenn: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Right Stuff, Personal Best, Backdraft).
- Henry Jaglom: British-American actor and film-maker.
- Nigel Walmsley: chairman (Carlton United Kingdom Television).
- William McLennan: CEO (Central Statistical Office).
- 1st US force in Europe during WWII go ashore in Northern Ireland
- Italian supreme command demands dismissal of German marshal Erwin Rommel.
- World War II: The first United States forces arrive in Europe landing in Northern Ireland.