Monday 26 January 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Glenn and Nigel Walmsley.
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1942 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Scott Glenn: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Right Stuff, Personal Best, Backdraft).
- Nigel Walmsley: chairman (Carlton United Kingdom Television).
- William McLennan: CEO (Central Statistical Office).
- Souad Hosni: Egyptian actress (d. 2001).
- Henry Jaglom: British-American actor and film-maker.
- Diana Oughton: American revolutionary activist, a member of the 1960s groups SDS and the Weather Underground, otherwise known as The Weathermen.
- 1st US force in Europe during WWII go ashore in Northern Ireland
- Italian supreme command demands dismissal of German marshal Erwin Rommel.
- World War II: The first United States forces arrive in Europe landing in Northern Ireland.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 January 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?