Friday 26 June 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 26, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Davi and Peter Neubaecker.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Kiss Me Again, Stranger by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strictly Personal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 June 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1953 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Robert Davi: American actor singer and director.
- Peter Neubaecker: German musicologist (music of the spheres), constructor of musical instruments, professional astrologer, publisher: With his business of Verlag Peter Neubaecker, he produced graphic planetary calendars and ascendant watches.
- James Anderson: Writer.
- Ralph Ezell: Union, Mississippi -- Singer (Shenandoah-Sunday in the South).
- KCTV (now KLST) TV channel 8 in San Angelo, TX (CBS) 1st broadcast
- Russian Vice Premier / Interior Minister Beria arrested
- Lavrentiy Beria,head of MVD, is arrested by Nikita Khrushchev and other members of the Politburo.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - I Believe
- Terry's Theme (From 'Limelight') - Frank Chacksfield
- I'm Walking Behind You - Eddie Fisher With Sally Sweetland
- Pretend - Nat 'King' Cole
- Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me - Muriel Smith
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?