Monday 1 June 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Canova in West Palm Beach and David Berkowitz.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Julius Caesar, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1953 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Diana Canova in West Palm Beach: Florida, USA; actress (Corrine - Soap).
- David Berkowitz: American homicide known as the Son of Sam, holding New York in terror in 1976-1977.
- Ronnie Dunn: American musician, country-western singer in a duo, Brooks and Dunn.
- Timothy Bentinck: Australian-English actor.
- Ted Field: American entrepreneur and racing driver.
- KMJ (now KSEE) TV channel 24 in Fresno, CA (NBC) begins broadcasting
- WDAY TV channel 6 in Fargo, ND (ABC / NBC) begins broadcasting
- Currency reform causes riots in Czechoslovakia (Uprising in Plzeň).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Limelight (Terry's Theme) - Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?