Tuesday 23 June 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Filbert Bayi and Roberta Leighton.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Steamboat Gothic by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Willys Theatre Presenting Ben Hecht's Tales of the City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1953 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Filbert Bayi: Karatu, Tanzania -- 3k steeplechase (1980 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Roberta Leighton: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Actress (Ginger-Days of Our Lives).
- Patty Berg wins LPGA All-American Women Golf Tournament
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?