Tuesday 2 June 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Craig Robert Stadler and Craig Stadler in San Diego.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Julius Caesar, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silent World by Jacques Yves Cousteau and Frederic Dumas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1953 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Craig Robert Stadler: San Diego, California -- PGA golfer (Masters 1982).
- Craig Stadler in San Diego: California, USA; PGA golfer (Masters 1982).
- Keith Allen: Welsh comedian, actor, singer and writer.
- Vidar Johansen: Norwegian saxophonist.
- Dave Green: English boxer and businessman.
- The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, who is crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Her Other Realms and Territories & Head of the Commonwealth, the first major international event to be televised.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Limelight (Terry's Theme) - Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?