Thursday 11 June 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georgios Orfanos and Jose Bove.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, directed by Eugne Louri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1953 ?
- Georgios Orfanos: Greek politician.
- Jose Bove: French political activist.
- Barbara Minty: American actress and wife of actor Steve McQueen, 22 years older than she.
- Lloyd O'Callaghan: American policeman who was called in on 1/3/1979, when the gas company attempted to shut off the gas of a Negro resident, Eula Love.
- Steve Bassam: Baron Bassam of Brighton English politician.
- Peter Bergman: Actor (All My Children, Starland Vocal Band)
- José Bové: French farmer and politician
- Vera Komisova: Russian hurdler
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?