Wednesday 17 June 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vernon Coaker .
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1953 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Vernon Coaker: English educator and politician Shadow Secretary of State for Defence.
- Walter Niemann: Composer, dies at 76.
- Most runs scored in 1 inning (17 by Red Sox)
- Sup Court Justice Wm O Douglas stays executions of spies Julius and Ethel Rosenberg scheduled for next day their 14th anniversary
- Riots in East Germany for reunification.
- East Germany Workers Uprising: in East Germany, the Soviet Union orders a division of troops into East Berlin to quell a rebellion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?