Wednesday 17 June 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vernon Coaker .
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while This I Believe by Edward R. Murrow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1953!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 June 1953 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Vernon Coaker: English educator and politician Shadow Secretary of State for Defence.
- Walter Niemann: Composer, dies at 76.
- Most runs scored in 1 inning (17 by Red Sox)
- Sup Court Justice Wm O Douglas stays executions of spies Julius and Ethel Rosenberg scheduled for next day their 14th anniversary
- Riots in East Germany for reunification.
- East Germany Workers Uprising: in East Germany, the Soviet Union orders a division of troops into East Berlin to quell a rebellion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?