Sunday 26 July 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 26, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edie Mirman and Robert Zoellick.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
From Here to Eternity, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Steamboat Gothic by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 July 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1953 ?
- Edie Mirman: American voice actress.
- Robert Zoellick: Public Servant.
- Felix Magath: German footballer and manager.
- Robert Phillips: American classical guitarist.
- Nikolaos Plastiras: Greek general and politician 135th Prime Minister of Greece (d. 1953).
- Fidel Castro leads an unsuccessful attack on the Moncada Barracks, thus beginning the Cuban Revolution.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - I Believe
- Terry's Theme (From 'Limelight') - Frank Chacksfield
- The Song From The Moulin Rouge - Mantovani
- I'm Walking Behind You - Eddie Fisher With Sally Sweetland
- Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me - Muriel Smith
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?