Tuesday 26 October 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Mallié and Bruce Hammerslough.
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Okay, Mother.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 October 1948 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Richard Mallié
- Bruce Hammerslough: American astrologer, the co-founder of Greenlake Metaphysical Center with Dennis Flaherty.
- Marshall Colt in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Eric - Lottery).
- Toby Harrah: American baseball player and coach.
- Killer smog settles into Donora, Pennsylvania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - On a Slow Boat to China
- One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) - Jimmy Wakely
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?