Tuesday 30 August 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Vago and Donald Bisset.
The Wrong Box, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1910 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Pierre Vago
- Donald Bisset: Dutch children book writer / actor (Battle of the Sexes).
- Henri Le Saux: French monk, known as Abhishiktananda, who, having moved to India in 1948 in search of a more radical form of spiritual life, adopted sannyasa in accordance with Indian tradition and became one of the pioneers of Hindu-Christian dialogue.
- Roger Bushell: South African RAF officer and prisoner of war (d. 1944).
- Albert Vandal: French Earl / Historian (Napoleon), dies at 57.
- Yank Tom Hughes pitches 9 no-hit innings but loses to Cleveland 5-0 in 11
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Call Me Up Some Rainy Afternoon - Ada Jones & American Quartet
- Every Little Movement - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Humoresque - Mischa Elman