Friday 26 October 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cary Elwes and Christine Citti.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Gypsy, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Thin Red Line by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Scales of Justice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 26 October 1962 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Cary Elwes: British actor.
- Christine Citti: French actress, director and screenwriter.
- Lorenza Pavarotti: Italian noted family, the daughter of Adua and Luciano Pavarotti.
- Beatles tape Please Please Me andAsk Me Why
- JFK warns Russia US will not allow Soviet missiles to remain in Cuba
- Nikita Khrushchev sends note to JFK offering to withdraw his missiles from Cuba if US closed its bases in Turkey offer is rejected
- The Soviet Union transmits a proposal for ending the Cuban Missile Crisis: The missile bases would be removed in exchange for a U.S. pledge not to invade Cuba.
- Spiegel scandal: German police occupy ''Der Spiegel'' offices in Hamburg.
- A referendum in France favors the election of the president by universal suffrage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?