Tuesday 26 October 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Extraordinary, Ordinary People by Condoleezza Rice was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Unemployment of Danny London.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Comic Jumper or Date Warp.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 October 2010 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 October
- A curfew is imposed on two villages in southeastern Nigeria's Cross River State following communal violence which killed 30 people. (''Vanguard Nigeria'')
- 10 killed, 13 wounded in Iraq gold market robbery in a market in Kirkuk, 250 km north of Baghdad. (CRI)
- Nigeria's State Security Service intercepts an arms shipment in Lagos amid high security following bomb attacks in Abuja earlier this month. (IOL)
- The Emperor of Exmoor, a red deer believed to be Britain's largest wild animal, is shot and killed. (''The Guardian'')
- Crisis talks between the New Zealand Government and Warner Bros. to prevent ''The Hobbit'' film project from moving its production to another country have ended inconclusively. (BBC)
- The Shanghai–Hangzhou High-Speed Railway, with a top speed of 355 km/h begins operation. (Global Times)
- The water level of the Three Gorges Dam, the world's largest water control and utilization project, reaches its designed full capacity mark. (CNN)
- The Japanese Cabinet approves an extra budget containing an emergency economic stimulus package to help shore up the economy. (AAP via NineMSN)
- Independent Print Limited launches ''i'', the UK's first national daily newspaper in a quarter of a century. (''The Guardian'')
- BMW is recalling 150,000 vehicles in the U.S. due to potential fuel pump failure. (Reuters)
- Economy of the United Kingdom
- The UK economy grew by 0.8% in the third quarter, higher than expectations, but lower than second quarter's growth rate of 1.2%. (BBC)
- Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne hails the results as proof that the economy is going through a steady recovery, but opposition Labour Party leader Ed Miliband asserts that the recent spending review and budget cuts will harm economic performance. (BBC)
- All 3 dead in US small plane crash in southwest Washington state, about 10 miles (16 km) northeast of Morton. (Shanghai Daily)
- Sumatra earthquake, tsunami and Merapi volcanic eruption:
- After receiving orders from President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who is now on his visit program to China and Vietnam, Indonesian Public Welfare Minister Agung Laksono declares an emergency response. (Xinhua)
- The death toll from the tsunami rises to 23. (Xinhua)
- 160 people are missing from a village on the Indonesian village of Betu Monga on Sumatra hit by a local tsunami after a 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck south of the Mentawai Islands. The earthquake leaves at least one person dead and damages 150 houses. (''Today's Zaman'')
- At least nine Australian surfers go missing after the tsunami struck including Alex McTaggart, a former member of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly but are later found. (News Limited)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 October 2010
- Heracles - NAC Breda : 4 - 1
- Roda - Nijmegen : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?