Sunday June 23, 1946
US date format: 6/23/1946, UK date format: 23/6/1946
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 23, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ted Shackelford and Ted Shackelford in Oklahoma City.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 23, 1946?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- See more
- The 1946 Vancouver Island earthquake strikes Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 23, 1946?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Doin' What Comes Natur'lly
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial