Sunday 23 June 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Shackelford and Russ Thacker in Washington DC.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1946 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Ted Shackelford: American actor.
- Kay Redfield Jamison: Psychologist.
- Russ Thacker in Washington DC: USA; producer (Golden Seal).
- Ted Shackelford in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Dallas, Knots Landing).
- Julian Hipwood: English polo player and coach.
- The 1946 Vancouver Island earthquake strikes Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.