Friday 19 June 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 19, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Dolan's Cadillac, directed by Jeff Beesley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Resilience by Elizabeth Edwards was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Un golpe de suerte.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: Brain of the World or Champions Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 June 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 19 June 2009 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 June
- Tomoji Tanabe: Japanese supercentenarian (Born 1895).
- Ken Roberts, American radio and TV announcer (The Secret Storm and Love of Life), founder of broadcast performers' union (AFTRA), dies at age 99.
- The Iranian Supreme Leader Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warns against further election protests. (CNN)
- Ali Khamenei announces Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won the Iranian presidential election by 24 million votes. (''The New York Times'')
- As part of an ongoing row between FOTA and the FIA, eight teams declare that they will leave Formula One and set up a new championship for the 2010 season. (BBC)
- Attacks on Romanians in Belfast
- Esther Rantzen defends Northern Ireland hatred addiction remarks. (BBC)
- Swine flu is confirmed in Ethiopia and Slovenia. (''The Irish Times'')
- Scotland Yard investigates the expenses of five Labour MPs in Britain. (''Irish Independent'')
- Gambian opposition leader and journalist for the ''Foroyaa'' newspaper, Halifa Sallah, is arrested. (IOL)
- The U.S. begins deploying missile interceptors and radar to defend Hawaii from a North Korean long-range rocket. (AFP)
- Ireland's Taoiseach Brian Cowen secures binding concessions in EU talks on the Lisbon Treaty. (BBC)
- Allen Stanford, the chairman of Stanford Financial Group, is arrested after allegations of fraud. (BBC)
- Protests take place at Burma's embassies worldwide on occasion of Aung San Suu Kyi's 64th birthday. (BBC)
- Air France is to offer compensation to the families of victims of the Flight 447 disaster. (Sky News)
- A bomb explodes near Bilbao in the Basque region of Spain, killing one policeman. (RTÉ)
- Pakistan Defence Minister Ahmad Mukhtar says the military offensive in the Swat valley is nearing its end. (''Sindh Today'')
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta claims to have blown up another oil pipeline in the Niger Delta region of southern Nigeria. (Xinhua)
- Henry Allingham, 113, one of the UK's last two World War I veterans, becomes the world's oldest man following the death of Tomoji Tanabe. (BBC)
- The head of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Mary Schapiro, said in an interview that it should not be necessary for the SEC and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to align all their rules and regulation, although she does expect some harmonization. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Halle Berry (She's Fine) - Hurricane Chris Featuring SupaSTAAR
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- sobeautiful - Musiq Soulchild
- Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite
Top #10 Latin songs
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- All Up 2 You - Aventura Featuring Akon & Wisin & Yandel
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Fue Su Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The aircraft maker leaves an air show with $6.5 billion in orders and commitments. [..]
Frederick A. Goodwin, who headed the Royal Bank of Scotland when its strategy led to huge losses, took a 50 percent reduction in his retirement pay. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $51.31
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $55.22
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $37.82
- 1 CHF = 6.3208 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.0246 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9518 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.512 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?