Thursday 27 February 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Mahony and Virginia Maskell.
King of the Pecos, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1936
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1936 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Roger Mahony: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal.
- Timothy Spall: Actor (1871, Life is Sweet, Crusoe, Remembrance).
- Virginia Maskell: Actress (Suspect, Doctor in Love, Man Upstairs).
- Roger M Mahoney in Hollywood: California, USA; archbishop of Los Angeles (1985-).
- Chuck Glaser in Spalding: Nebraska, USA; singer (Glaser Brothers - "Getting to Me Again").
- Ron Barassi: Australian footballer and coach.
- Willy den Ouden swims world record 100 metre free style (1:04.6).