Friday 27 February 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yolande Moreau and Jean Gaudin.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
Lili, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Wonderful Country by Tom Lea was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1953 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Yolande Moreau: Belgian actress, and film director.
- Jean Gaudin: French dancer, choreographer and comedian.
- Gabriela Svobodova: Czech cross country skier.
- Gavin Esler: Scottish BBC television presenter and author.
- Patrick Gauthier: French jazz fusion pianist and keyboardist.
- Ian Khama: English-Botswanan lieutenant and politician 4th President of Botswana.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?