Monday 27 February 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Éric Dervieu and Jean-Paul Garraud.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Scrolls From The Dead Sea by Edmund Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jane Eyre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 February 1956 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Éric Dervieu: French jazz drummer.
- Jean-Paul Garraud: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Anne Veski: Estonian singer.
- Frank Dailey: Orchestra leader (Music at Meadowbrook), dies at 54.
- Female suffrage in Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 27 February 1956 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?