Monday 27 February 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Garraud and Éric Dervieu.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
1984, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1956 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Jean-Paul Garraud: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Éric Dervieu: French jazz drummer.
- Anne Veski: Estonian singer.
- Frank Dailey: Orchestra leader (Music at Meadowbrook), dies at 54.
- Female suffrage in Egypt.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?