Wednesday 27 January 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Cumming and Maurice (radio host).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Downtown by Petula Clark.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
How to Murder Your Wife, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Sixpence In Her Shoe by Phyllis McGinley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The American Sportsman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 27 January 1965 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Alan Cumming: Scottish actor and comedian, star of a Scottish TV sitcom "The High Life" in the role of Sebastian Flight.
- Maurice (radio host)
- Carter Cooper: American noted family, the first of two sons born to Gloria Vanderbilt and her fourth husband, Emory Cooper.
- Oktay Kaynarca: Turkish actor and producer.
- Mike Newell: English footballer and manager.
- Ignacio Noé: Argentinian author and illustrator.
- Attila Sekerlioglu: Austrian footballer and manager.
- Igor Matoushkin: NHL defenseman (Belarus, Olympics - 1998).
- Theo Uden Marsman: Dutch orchestra leader, dies at age 63.
- 1st ground station-to-aircraft radio communication via satellite
- Ground breaking for Dragon Gateway at Grant Avenue
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Del Shannon - Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?