Monday 25 January 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Holman in Winfield and Esa Tikkanen in Helsinki.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Downtown by Petula Clark.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
How to Murder Your Wife, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The American Sportsman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1965 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Brian Holman in Winfield: Kansas, USA; pitcher (Cincinnati Reds, Seattle Mariners).
- Esa Tikkanen in Helsinki: Finland; NHL left wing (Florida Panthers, Vancouver Canucks, Olympics-Bronze-1998).
- Pascal Lefèvre: French javelin thrower, who competed at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea but did not reach the final.
- Mark Jordon: English actor director and producer.
- Esa Tikkanen: Finnish ice hockey player and coach.
- Staff Nees: Flemish composer (Maria-oratorio), dies at age 63.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Del Shannon - Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?