Tuesday 12 January 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Francis and Rob Zombie.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Come See About Me by The Supremes.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Horse Knows The Way by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Not Only... But Also.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1965 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- John Francis: Model.
- Rob Zombie: American musician, film director, screenwriter and film producer.
- Mark Moore: English DJ and producer (S'Express).
- Hullabaloo premieres on NBC-TV
- At 10:58 am PST burn up a nuclear rocket in Nevada
- Wanda Beach Murders: The bodies of two 15-year-olds, Christine Sharrock and Marianne Schmidt, are found at Wanda Beach, Sydney.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Larks - The Jerk
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Del Shannon - Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?