Thursday 14 January 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jemma Redgrave and Dave Lowry in Sudbury.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Come See About Me by The Supremes.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Source by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Not Only... But Also.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1965 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jemma Redgrave: London, England -- Actress (Buddha of Suburbia).
- Dave Lowry in Sudbury: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Florida Panthers).
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall: British chef.
- Ellis Paul: American singer-songwriter and folk musician.
- Slick Rick: Rapper.
- Shamil Basayev: Chechen terrorist (d. 2006)
- Marc Delissen: Dutch field hockey player coach and lawyer
- Bob Essensa: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- The Prime Minister of Northern Ireland and the Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland meet for the first time in 43 years.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Larks - The Jerk
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Del Shannon - Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?