Wednesday 27 March 1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Leprince-Ringuet and Carl Barks.
The Snowman, directed by Tomas Alfredson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1901!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1901 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Louis Leprince-Ringuet: French nuclear physicist and author who specialized in X-ray research.
- Carl Barks: American illustrator and screenwriter (d. 2000).
- Eisaku Sato: Premier of Japan (1964-71 Nobel 1974), dies at 74.
- Erich Ollenhauer: German politician and public official who served in parliament from 1949.
- Eisaku Satō: Japanese politician 61st Prime Minister of Japan Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1975).
- Albert Henneberg: Composer.
- Kenneth Slessor: Australian journalist and poet (d. 1971).
- Gilberto Loyo: Mexican-Spanish economist and politician (d. 1973).
- Raymond Berthault: B?r? EXecutives.
- Enrique Discépolo: Argentine singer-songwriter bandoneón player and pianist (d. 1951).
- George Dowty: English businessman founded Dowty Group (d. 1975).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Minstrel Record No. 3 - Georgia Minstrel Co.
- Good-Bye, Dolly Gray - Big Four Quartet