Wednesday 27 March 1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Leprince-Ringuet and Carl Barks.
The Snowman, directed by Tomas Alfredson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1901!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1901 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Louis Leprince-Ringuet: French nuclear physicist and author who specialized in X-ray research.
- Carl Barks: American illustrator and screenwriter (d. 2000).
- Eisaku Sato: Premier of Japan (1964-71 Nobel 1974), dies at 74.
- Erich Ollenhauer: German politician and public official who served in parliament from 1949.
- Eisaku Satō: Japanese politician 61st Prime Minister of Japan Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1975).
- Albert Henneberg: Composer.
- Kenneth Slessor: Australian journalist and poet (d. 1971).
- Gilberto Loyo: Mexican-Spanish economist and politician (d. 1973).
- Raymond Berthault: B?r? EXecutives.
- Enrique Discépolo: Argentine singer-songwriter bandoneón player and pianist (d. 1951).
- George Dowty: English businessman founded Dowty Group (d. 1975).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Minstrel Record No. 3 - Georgia Minstrel Co.
- Good-Bye, Dolly Gray - Big Four Quartet