Monday 4 March 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 4, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Goren and Wilbur R Franks.
The Snowman, directed by Tomas Alfredson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1901!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1901 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Charles Goren: American bridge expert.
- Wilbur R Franks: Canadian scientist (d. 1986).
- Jean Joseph Rabearivelo: Malagasy/French poet (d. 1937).
- Charles H: Goren bridge master (26 US Titles).
- Wilbur Franks: Canadian scientist invented the g-suit (d. 1986).
- Jean-Joseph Rabearivelo: Malagasy-French author poet and playwright (d. 1937).
- Willy Krause: German film actor, who died in February 1990 in Baden-Baden.
- 1st advanced copy of inaugural speech (Jefferson-Natl Intelligencer)
- President William McKinley inaugurated for second term as President.
- Term of George H White, last of post-Reconstruction congressmen, ends.