Monday 4 March 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Goren and Wilbur R Franks.
The Snowman, directed by Tomas Alfredson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1901!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1901 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Charles Goren: American bridge expert.
- Wilbur R Franks: Canadian scientist (d. 1986).
- Jean Joseph Rabearivelo: Malagasy/French poet (d. 1937).
- Charles H: Goren bridge master (26 US Titles).
- Wilbur Franks: Canadian scientist invented the g-suit (d. 1986).
- Jean-Joseph Rabearivelo: Malagasy-French author poet and playwright (d. 1937).
- Willy Krause: German film actor, who died in February 1990 in Baden-Baden.
- 1st advanced copy of inaugural speech (Jefferson-Natl Intelligencer)
- President William McKinley inaugurated for second term as President.
- Term of George H White, last of post-Reconstruction congressmen, ends.