Saturday March 23, 1901
US date format: 3/23/1901, UK date format: 23/3/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 23, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Edmund Rubbra and Giles G Healey.
The Cook's Revenge, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 23, 1901?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- See more
- Dame Nellie Melba, reveals secret of her now famous toast.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 23, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- S. H. Dudley - Ma Blushin' Rosie