Saturday 23 March 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edmund Rubbra and Giles G Healey.
The Snowman, directed by Tomas Alfredson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1901!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1901 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Edmund Rubbra: English Composer (Born 1901).
- Giles G Healey
- Jan H de Groot: Dutch resistance fighter / co-founder (Free Netherlands).
- Giles Healey: American astrologer, explorer and archaeologist who discovered the Mayan ruins of Bonampak.
- Thomas Lethbridge: British explorer, archaeologist, parapsychologist and author.
- Andr? Alibert: St-L? physician.
- Dame Nellie Melba, reveals secret of her now famous toast.