Monday 11 July 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harper Seven Beckham and Kase Murray.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Captain America: The First Avenger, directed by Joe Johnston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Home Alabama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akimi Village or Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 11 July 2011 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Harper Seven Beckham
- Kase Murray: American child of noted family, Kase is the first-born child of singer Jewel and her husband, professional bull rider Ty Murray.
- Protesters loyal to President Bashar al-Assad in the 2011 Syrian uprising break into the United States embassy in Damascus and try to break into the French embassy. (''The Australian'')
- Pakistan jails a doctor who helped the US Central Intelligence Agency confirm that Osama bin Laden was living in Abbottabad. (McClatchy)
- Sanofi announces positive results of the late-stage trial of Lemtrada, its new multiple sclerosis treatment. (Press Release)
- The death toll from a train crash in India's Uttar Pradesh state rises to 69. (''Economic Times'')
- Captured explosives from Iran stored in a Cyprus Navy base munitions dump catches fire, when a wildfire reached the military base, causing massive explosions. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The head of the Cyprus Navy, Andreas Ioannides and the Commander of the Evangelos Florakis Navy Base, Lambros Lambrou, are reportedly killed in the blast. (''BBC News'')
- Heavy thunderstorms with 75 mph winds, in the US city of Chicago, Illinois, cut power and disrupt transport. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- The Israeli parliament passes a controversial law that will punish any Israeli individual or organisation boycotting West Bank settlements. (BBC)
- The Republic of Korea Air Force announces that it will conduct regular midair refuelling drills with the United States Air Force commencing later this year. (Yonhap News)
- Canada will boycott the United Nations Conference on Disarmament to protest against North Korea being named its chair. (CBC)
- News International privacy breaches
- Ten members of the British royal family including the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are believed to be among the victims of the ''News of the World'' phone hacking affair. (''The Guardian'')
- British Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt refers News Corporation's bid to take full control of BSkyB to the Competition Commission. (BBC)
- Twenty-three people allegedly linked to the Mexican Los Zetas Cartel are indicted in the US state of Colorado for allegedly trying to smuggle marijuana in the United States. (Reuters)
- Baseballer Robinson Canó of the New York Yankees wins the 2011 Major League Baseball Home Run Derby. (ESPN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Man Down - Rihanna
Top #10 Latin songs
- Taboo - Don Omar
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Prometi - Intocable
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Me Dejes Con Las Ganas - Los Horoscopos de Durango
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Adolescents - Incubus
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.08
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $103.27
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $89.35
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.00
- 1 CHF = 7.7325 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6764 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8627 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.892 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?