Sunday 28 April 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corry Vonk and Diderika Kan-Vonk.
On the Old Plantation, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Helmet of Navarre by Bertha Runkle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1901!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1901 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Corry Vonk: [Cornelia D] wife of Wim Kan (ABC-cabaret).
- Diderika Kan-Vonk: Netherlands Actor.
- Henry Stallard: English runner and surgeon (d. 1973).
- 1st soccer game between Belgium (8) and Netherlands (0)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Florodora: Selections - Vess Ossman
- Tell Me, Pretty Maiden - Harry Macdonough & Grace Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?