Monday 28 April 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ike Altgens and Gerhard Munthe.
The Red Lantern, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1919 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Ike Altgens: American photojournalist and field reporter for the Associated Press (AP) based in Dallas, Texas.
- Gerhard Munthe: Norwegian librarian.
- 1st jump with Army Air Corp (rip-cord type) parachute (Les Irvin)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Marion Harris
- Till We Meet Again - Prince's Orchestra