Tuesday April 23, 1901
US date format: 4/23/1901, UK date format: 23/4/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 23, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include EB Ford and E Ford.
The Cook's Revenge, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 23, 1901?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 23, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Vess Ossman - Florodora: Selections
- Harry Macdonough & Grace Spencer - Tell Me, Pretty Maiden