Monday 24 April 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 24, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Thesz and Stanley Kauffmann New York City.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1916 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Lou Thesz: American professional wrestler (d. 2002).
- Stanley Kauffmann New York City: New York, playwright (Red Handkerchief Man).
- Easter rebellion of Irish against British occupation begins
- Ernest Shackleton and five men of the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition launch a lifeboat from uninhabited Elephant Island in the Southern Ocean to organise a rescue for the ice-trapped ship Endurance.
- April 30 ampndash The Easter Rising occurs in Ireland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- John Barnes Wells - Memories
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - John McCormack