Monday 28 April 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Barry Sharpless and Lucien Aimar.
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1941 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Karl Barry Sharpless: American chemist, Nobel laureate.
- Lucien Aimar: French athlete, a cyclist.
- Ann-Margret : Swedish-American actress, singer and dancer; onscreen since 1962.
- Indus Arthur: American actress popular on soap opera General Hospital in the '60s and '70s.
- Susan Kenney: American short story writer, and novelist.
- Flynn Robinson: American athlete, pro basketball player for 7 seasons beginning in 1966.
- Ann Margret: Movie Actress
- John Madejski: English businessman and academic
- Nico Mastorakis: Greek filmmaker, director and radio producer
- Karl Sharpless: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Iryna Zhylenko: Ukrainian poet and author (d. 2013)
- Last British troops in Greece surrender.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?