Sunday April 28, 1974US date format: 4/28/1974, UK date format: 28/4/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Penélope Cruz and Margo Dydek.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dark Star, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Joy Of Sex by Alex Comfort was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1974 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Penélope Cruz: Spanish actress.
- Margo Dydek: Polish basketball player and coach (d. 2011).
- Eric Vale: Voice Actor.
- Vernon Kay: English disc jockey and television presenter.
- Sergei Stas: NHL defenseman (Team Belarus, Olympics - 1998).
- Dominic Matteo: Scottish footballer and journalist.
- Richel Hersisia: Dutch boxer.
- Penelope Cruz: Spanish actress.
- Paul Page: Actor (Girl from Havanna, Moth), dies at 70.
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Birmingham Golf Classic.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - The Payback
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Mighty Mighty - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- The Temptations - Heavenly
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?