Wednesday 28 March 2007US date format: 3/28/2007, UK date format: 28/3/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 28, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK Give It To Me by Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado was in the top 5 hits.
Disturbia, directed by D.J. Caruso, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood Ties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Traffic Chaos or 2 SPICY.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 March 2007 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 March
- 2007 Tal Afar bombings: Gunmen kill dozens of people in Tal Afar a day after approximately 50 people die in suicide bombings. (BBC)
- As many as 60 people die off the coast of Guinea as a pirogue or open fishing boat carrying 120 people capsizes. (Reuters via CNN)
- The Czech government announced that it will open negotiations with the US Government over participation in the missile defense shield. (Washington Post)
- Ecuadorean judge Juan Ramirez reinstates 57 members of the National Congress of Ecuador only to be dismissed by the electoral tribunal that dismissed the members of Congress. (BBC)
- A collapsed tunnel during construction of a Beijing Subway line results in six trapped. (ABC)
- The President of Guinea Lansana Conté names a new government led by the Prime Minister of Guinea Lansana Kouyaté. (BBC)
- Arab and Middle East leaders meet in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to discuss reviving the Middle East peace process. (Los Angeles Times)
- Iraq War:
- 2007 chlorine bombings in Iraq: The U.S. military reports that insurgents with two chlorine truck bombs have attacked a local government building in Fallujah. (Reuters)
- A Sydney Ferries jetcat collides with a private charter vessel beneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the waters of Port Jackson, Sydney, Australia, killing three people with another person missing. (Sydney Daily Telegraph via Courier Mail)
- Zimbabwean political crisis:
- The Movement for Democratic Change says its leader, Morgan Tsvangirai, has been arrested by police. He was later released but other activists remained in police custody. (Zim Daily)
- The Southern African Development Community holds an emergency summit in Dar-es-Salaam to discuss the crisis. (Voice of America)
- The UK Ministry of Defence has published exact co-ordinates of the location of the Royal Navy personnel when they were seized by Iran. According to this data the soldiers were 1.7 nautical miles within Iraqi waters at the time of their capture. (The Times)
- Gangs of youths riot in Paris with the violence centred on the Gare du Nord, one of the main railway stations. (ITV)
- The World Food Programme warns that millions face starvation in North Korea as it is facing a food gap equivalent to 20 per cent of its requirement. (Reuters via Washington Post)
- Pakistani militants attack security bases in the town of Tank in the North-West Frontier Province of Pakistan resulting in two deaths. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Armed gunmen take 32 children and two teachers hostage in the centre of Manila, the capital of the Philippines. The gunmen later surrendered and released the hostages. (AFP via Sydney Morning Herald)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in March 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Rich Boy - Throw Some D's
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- What Goes Around…Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- I'm A Flirt - R. Kelly Or Bow Wow (Featuring T.I. & T-Pain)
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Last Night - Diddy Featuring Keyshia Cole
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Go Getta - Young Jeezy Featuring R. Kelly
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Llave De Mi Corazon - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Un Idiota Como Yo - Duelo
- Amar Es Lo Que Quiero - David Bisbal
- Cada Vez Que Pienso En Ti - Los Creadorez del Pasito Duranguense de Alfredo Ramirez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado - Give It To Me
- Mark Ronson featuring Daniel Merriweather - Stop Me
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles - The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin
- Beyonce & Shakira - Beautiful Liar
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Manufacturers are drawn to Juárez, Mexico, which has both low-cost Mexican labor and easy access to the U.S. market. [..]
The former general counsel at Monster Worldwide was permanently banned from working as a director or officer of a public company as part of a settlement. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $74.71
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.19
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $65.92
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.00
- 1 CAD = 1.0494 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.979 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9325 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3852 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?