Wednesday 28 March 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles by The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mobsters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Legendo's Attack on Pearl Harbor or Champions of Regnum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 March 2007 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 March
- 2007 Tal Afar bombings: Gunmen kill dozens of people in Tal Afar a day after approximately 50 people die in suicide bombings. (BBC)
- As many as 60 people die off the coast of Guinea as a pirogue or open fishing boat carrying 120 people capsizes. (Reuters via CNN)
- The Czech government announced that it will open negotiations with the US Government over participation in the missile defense shield. (Washington Post)
- Ecuadorean judge Juan Ramirez reinstates 57 members of the National Congress of Ecuador only to be dismissed by the electoral tribunal that dismissed the members of Congress. (BBC)
- A collapsed tunnel during construction of a Beijing Subway line results in six trapped. (ABC)
- The President of Guinea Lansana Conté names a new government led by the Prime Minister of Guinea Lansana Kouyaté. (BBC)
- Arab and Middle East leaders meet in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to discuss reviving the Middle East peace process. (Los Angeles Times)
- Iraq War:
- 2007 chlorine bombings in Iraq: The U.S. military reports that insurgents with two chlorine truck bombs have attacked a local government building in Fallujah. (Reuters)
- A Sydney Ferries jetcat collides with a private charter vessel beneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the waters of Port Jackson, Sydney, Australia, killing three people with another person missing. (Sydney Daily Telegraph via Courier Mail)
- Zimbabwean political crisis:
- The Movement for Democratic Change says its leader, Morgan Tsvangirai, has been arrested by police. He was later released but other activists remained in police custody. (Zim Daily)
- The Southern African Development Community holds an emergency summit in Dar-es-Salaam to discuss the crisis. (Voice of America)
- The UK Ministry of Defence has published exact co-ordinates of the location of the Royal Navy personnel when they were seized by Iran. According to this data the soldiers were 1.7 nautical miles within Iraqi waters at the time of their capture. (The Times)
- Gangs of youths riot in Paris with the violence centred on the Gare du Nord, one of the main railway stations. (ITV)
- The World Food Programme warns that millions face starvation in North Korea as it is facing a food gap equivalent to 20 per cent of its requirement. (Reuters via Washington Post)
- Pakistani militants attack security bases in the town of Tank in the North-West Frontier Province of Pakistan resulting in two deaths. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Armed gunmen take 32 children and two teachers hostage in the centre of Manila, the capital of the Philippines. The gunmen later surrendered and released the hostages. (AFP via Sydney Morning Herald)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Rich Boy - Throw Some D's
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Top #8 songs in the UK
- Take That - Shine
- The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin - (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles
- Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Gwen Stefani featuring Akon - The Sweet Escape
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- The Fray - How To Save A Life
- Alex Gaudino featuring Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?