Sunday 28 August 1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Rayner and Christelle Cornil.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Best Of My Love by The Emotions.
In UK Angelo by Brotherhood Of Man was in the top 5 hits.
House, directed by Nobuhiko Ohbayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Eagle of the Ninth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Super Bug or Triple Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1977!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 28 August 1977 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Bonnie Lauer wins LPGA Patty Berg Golf Classic
- Nolan Ryan strikes out 300 batters for 5th straight year
- New York Cosmos defeat Seattle Sounders, 2-1, at Civic Stadium in Portland Oregon, winning their second North American Soccer League championship.
- New York Yankees' pitcher Ron Guidry faces just 28 men and beats Texas Rangers 1-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Commodores - Easy
- James Taylor - Handy Man
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Crosby, Stills and Nash - Just A Song Before I Go
- The Floaters - Float On
- Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?