Saturday 11 September 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reed Birney in Alexandria .
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Familie Schölermann.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1954 ?
- Reed Birney in Alexandria: Virginia, USA; entertainer (Greatest Man in the World).
- Licinio Refice: Composer, dies at 69.
- 1st Miss America TV broadcast
- 20.4 cm rainfall at Brunswick, Maine (state record)
- KXJB TV channel 4 in Valley City (Fargo) (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Lee Meriwether (California), 19, crowned 27th Miss America 1955 (1st on TV)
- First Miss America TV broadcast.
- The Miss America Pageant is broadcast on television for the first time.
- The USSR tests a nuclear weapon.
- English composer Benjamin Britten’s chamber opera version of ''The Turn of the Screw'' receives its world premiere at the Teatro La Fenice, Venice.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?