Saturday 11 September 1954US date format: 9/11/1954, UK date format: 11/9/1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 11, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Randall Kennedy and Cynthia Lummis.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, directed by Lewis Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Reason Why by Cecil Woodham-Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lassie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 September 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1954 ?
- Randall Kennedy: Educator.
- Cynthia Lummis: Politician.
- Clark Johnson: Actor.
- Reed Birney in Alexandria: Virginia, USA; entertainer (Greatest Man...
- Licinio Refice: Composer, dies at 69.
- 20.4 cm rainfall at Brunswick, Maine (state record)
- KXJB TV channel 4 in Valley City (Fargo) (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Lee Meriwether (California), 19, crowned 27th Miss America 1955 (1st on TV)
- First Miss America TV broadcast.
- The Miss America Pageant is broadcast on television for the first time.
- The USSR tests a nuclear weapon.
- English composer Benjamin Britten’s chamber opera version of ''The Turn of the Screw'' receives its world premiere at the Teatro La Fenice, Venice.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?