Wednesday 28 March 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matti Pellonpaa and Karen Kain.
The Tales of Hoffmann, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Washington Confidential by Jack Lait and Lee Mortimer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1951 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Matti Pellonpaa: Finnish actor and musician (d. 1995).
- Karen Kain: Canadian dancer, Canada's top prima ballerina, and one of the few North American dancers to be classed with the elite Russian and English ballet stars.
- Matti Pellonpää: Finnish actor, often plays bohemian type in films.
- Dori Sippel: American musician, violin and violist with international orchestras.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?