Sunday 4 March 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Rea and Gwen Welles in Chattanooga.
Royal Wedding, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Victor Borge Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1951 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Chris Rea: English rock guitarist (Fool If You Think It Is Over).
- Gwen Welles in Chattanooga: Tennessee, USA; actress (Desert Hearts, Sticky Fingers, Angel On My Shoulder).
- Theresa Hak Kyung Cha: American novelist (d. 1982).
- Mike Quarry: American boxer (d. 2006).
- Cecilia Todd: Venezuelan singer and performer.
- Barbara De Angelis: American author and lecturer, one of America's leading experts on relationships and personal growth. DeAngelis is a popular television personality and author of a string of bestsellers on her subjects. She has reached millions of people worldwide with her positive messages about love, happiness and the search for meaning in our lives. She is the author of nine best-selling books which have sold over four million copies and been published in twenty languages.
- Kenny Dalglish: Scottish soccer coach, named the manager of Newcastle United football club in January 1997. The team was registered on 8/10/1990 in Newcastle at 00:00 GDT. When Kenny took over, they had a poor 1997-98 season and he was a casualty, being replaced on 8/27/1998. His successor was Ruud Gullit.
- Edelgard Bulmahn: German educator and politician German Federal Minister of Education and Research
- Theresa Cha: South Korean-American author (d. 1982)
- Pete Haycock: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Climax Blues Band and ELO Part II) (d. 2013)
- Sam Perlozzo: American baseball player and manager
- Klinton Spilsbury: Mexican-American actor
- Gwen Welles: American actress (d. 1993)
- Glenis Willmott: British politician, leader of the European Parliamentary Labour Party
- Linda Yamamoto: Japanese singer and actress
- Zoran Žižić: Montenegrin politician 4th Prime Minister of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (d. 2013)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 March 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?