Thursday 28 October 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1948). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ricki Lee Reynolds and Valeri Viktorovich Baberdin.
Joan of Arc, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Studio One in Hollywood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1948
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1948 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Ricki Lee Reynolds: Country singer (Black Oak Arkansas).
- Valeri Viktorovich Baberdin: Russian Colonel / Cosmonaut.
- Telma Hopkins in Louisville: Kentucky, USA; singer (Tony Orlando, Family Matters).
- Telma Hopkins: American singer and actress (Tony Orlando and Dawn).
- Flag of Israel is adopted.
- Swiss chemist Paul Muller is awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the insecticidal properties of DDT.
- The massacre of Dawaymeh begins.