Tuesday 28 December 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Weiss .
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NBC Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1948 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Mary Weiss: American singer (The Shangri-Las).
- Mahmud Nokrashy Pasha: Prime Minister of Egypt (19.
- IDF crosses Egyptian border
- US announced a study to launch an Earth satellite
- Middel-Java as a whole in Dutch hands.
- The DC-3 airliner NC16002 disappears 50 miles south of Miami, Florida.
- A Muslim Brotherhood member assassinates Egyptian Prime Minister Mahmud Fahmi Nokrashi
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?